Real Estate Coach and Speaker Tom Ferry shares his T.O.M. plan in his latest blog: Stay Top of Mind with your Leads | #TomFerryShow Episode 104 which you can view below. We think it has some solid advice on getting the repeat and referral business you need to succeed.
Also check out his blog because in addition to the tips on staying Top of Mind, he also shares how you can boost your business by narrowing in on your Unique Selling Factors.
What do you do to stay Top of Mind with your clients? Comment below.
You’ve been contemplating adding neighbourhood marketing to your mix for a few months now, but you don’t know where to start. We offer a neighbourhood marketing service that we call the Business Builder. Here’s what we’ve learned from our experience helping agents grow their business.
Start with choosing a neighbourhood.
- Choose an area that you’re familiar with and have experience in. If you have a connection with the neighbourhood it will be easier to position yourself as the neighbourhood expert.
- Find an area with good turnover. Just because you live there doesn’t mean it’s going to be a good area to prospect. Find somewhere that has a wide demographic of residents that will offer you a varied client base.
Now that you’re sure you’re in the right area, take a look at what you’re sending.
Other than home and lifestyle articles of interest add one or more of these aspects to your marketing piece to add value for those receiving it.
- Neighbourhood specific statistics. Statistics are great… make them even more valuable by targeting them to the neighbourhood. Keep statistics clear and simple.
- Community events – a great way to tell people when they can get out and enjoy the community.
- Free market evaluation offer – lots of home owners don’t know that you can offer this service to them for free, with no obligation. Educate and remind everyone about your offers.
- Construction/traffic updates – know about a road that’s going to be closed for a few weeks? Let your community know too.
- Emphasize how you connect to the neighbourhood — do you live there? do you work there? did you grow up there?
Regardless of what you send, remember these important points:
- Neighbourhood marketing is a long-term commitment and consistency is key.
- Delivering something with value will be a lot more successful than just another card in the mail. Always look at it from a homeowner’s point of view… what are they getting out of your mailing?
If you have any questions about neighbourhood mailing, or tips to add, leave a comment below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We came across this wonderful TED Talk by Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action and thought the ideas may help you in growing your leadership and business skills.
DMS Connect is in business because we believe in helping you connect with clients when you’re busy with other things.
What’s your Why?
IKEA: Experience the power of a bookbook™
This video of IKEA’s bookbook™ is funny and pertains to our line of work so we thought we’d share it with you!
For years everything has become more technical, interactive and maybe complicated (to some.) The fact that a tactile message (like the IKEA bookbook™ or a Mini-Mag newsletter) is simple, appealing and full of information relays to the fact that direct mail is an important part of your marketing mix.
Canada Post Corporation has done a few in-depth studies recently about direct mail and the affect it has on consumers. They (and we) strongly believe that incorporating direct mail into your marketing mix will greatly enhance your message and brand recall.
Here are some facts:
- 66% of people keep mail they consider useful* (be sure to provide value in your messaging)
- 57% of people feel more valued when brands contacted them through mail (invest the effort to connect this way)
- Combining digital and direct marketing increases brand recall by 10% (mixed media helps get you recognized)
Give us a call (1-800-309-1747) to find out how we can help add direct mail to your marketing mix.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by our office and dropped off a donation for the Edmonton Food Bank. We delivered over 154lbs of food to the Food Bank today!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the DMS Connect Family to yours.
As you’re busy preparing for the holidays, we at DMS are busy preparing for our upcoming Tradeshows in January 2017. We’re designing, printing, planning and packing to bring our products and services to you.
- If you’re in the Edmonton area, we’ll see you January 4, 2017 at the REALTORS® Housing Forecast Seminar from 7:30am to noon at the Edmonton EXPO Centre.
- If you’re in the Calgary area, we’ll see you January 11, 2017 at the CREB® Forecast Conference & Trade Show from 8:00am to 6:00pm at the BMO Centre.
Be sure to stop by our booth to see the new products we are offering that will help grow your business. And of course we’ll tell you all about our tried and true services that will help you connect with your clients for repeat and referral business.
Up until December 22 at noon we are accepting donations for the Edmonton Food Bank at our office at 101-10620 178 Street.
Please stop by and help us fill the cupboards of those in need this holiday season. According to Food Banks Canada, over 860,000 Canadians use a food bank each month; one in six of those people is employed and 156,000 are from rural Canada.
If you’re from our surrounding areas, here is a list of some neighbouring food banks:
- Parkland Food Bank
105 Madison Crescent, Spruce Grove
Serving Spruce Grove, Stony Plain and Parkland County
- St. Albert Food Bank
30–50 Bellerose Drive, St. Albert
- Leduc and District Food Bank
4810 49th Ave, Leduc
Serving the communities of Beaumont, Calmar, Devon, Leduc, Leduc County, New Sarepta, Nisku, Thorsby and Warburg
- Fort Saskatchewan Food Bank
9803 102 St, Fort Saskatchewan
- Strathcona Food Bank Association (Sherwood Park)
255 Kaska Rd, Sherwood Park
We think this FREE training opportunity will be of interest to you:
Register today at www.LeadersEdgeTraining.com/calendar or call 1-866-607-7999.
Join Dwayne Groome of Leader’s Edge Training to learn the skills that top agents use to sign more listings and excel in a competitive market.
Get the confidence to:
- Generate an abundance of seller leads
- Sign at least one new listing per week
- Convince sellers to list at the right price
- Handle seller objections with ease
Choose the location that is right for you
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
9:00am to 12:00pm
Executive Royal Hotel (2828 23 St NE, Calgary)
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
9:00am to 12:00pm
Best Western Kings Inn & Conference Centre (5411 Kingsway, Burnaby)
Thursday, September 15, 2016
9:00am to 12:00pm
Fantasyland Hotel at West Edmonton Mall
It’s August and the last thing on your mind is probably the upcoming holiday season. It’s understandable; with the nice weather, busy real estate market and just the general pace of life right now you’re not alone in forgetting about the holidays. We just want to remind you though, that if you want to order a calendar, day planner or other thank you gift for your clients this year (to be delivered in November or December) you should really start planning now to save yourself a headache down the road.
DMS has a few different client thank you options this year. Read below for more information or call us to discuss your needs.
- 2017 Wall Calendar Mail Service
Order your wall calendars from your typical supplier and have them sent to us so we can deliver them to your clients this winter. We provide envelopes, postage, mail processing and delivery to the Canada Post plant. Click here for more information.
- 2017 Day Planner + Mail Service
Personalize a stylish 8.5” x 11” day planner for your clients and stay top of mind all year long. Order the day planners and deliver them yourself, or have us take care of that too. We provide envelopes, postage, mail processing and delivery to the Canada Post plant. Click here for more information.
- Holiday Greeting Letter
Send a personal holiday greeting to your clients by way of a letter. Write your own message or choose from one of our templates; add your photo and contact information. We will print the letter for you, provide envelopes, postage, mail processing and delivery to the Canada Post plant. Click here for more information.
- Holiday Greeting Card
Send a quick holiday card to your clients. Pick a template and greeting and include your contact info and photo and you’re done. We will print the card for you, provide envelopes, postage, mail processing and delivery to the Canada Post plant. Click here for more information.
Remember, if you check this off your to-do list now, you won’t have to rush to get it done in the fall.
In this day and age, if you want something done, there’s an app for it. As a real estate agent, anything that saves you time and money is well worth the 30 second download. Here are a few apps that you may find useful for your business:
Vert (available for iOS only) is the ultimate converter – from size to currency, it’s a quick way to get the numbers you need.
CamScanner allows you to scan documents with your phone then save or send them.
Dropbox is where you can save documents, access them anywhere and share with fellow Dropbox users.
Buffer is a handy tool for scheduling your social media messages.
Adobe Photoshop Express is an app for editing photos – if you have to take photos yourself, make sure they look the best they can. Free for iOS and Android.
Videolicious makes it easy for you to create videos for your social media sites or blog. Add photos, music and filters to your video to make it even better.
Roomscan Pro turns photos of walls into floor plans. You can also add specific dimensions if you want. Available on iOS only.
What apps do you find useful in your day to day work? Comment below and maybe pick up a new favourite as well!